This week Britt is joined by Donna Tate McDonald. Donna along with her husband Jake own and operate Upper CanyonOutfitters (UCO) in Southwest Montana. The ranch was homesteaded by Donna’s grandfather in 1910, and UCO remains one of the oldest and most respected outfitters in Montana. She has a lifelong passion and deep ties to the outdoors. Donna has dedicated her personal and professional life to conservation, hunting and fishing. She has been a licensed outfitter since 1989.
TO READ EPISODE SHOW NOTES, TAKEAWAYS AND SHOP THE EPISODE, KEEP SCROLLING!
An avid horsewoman and outdoorswoman, she is internationally recognized for her equine knowledge, hunting, fishing and guiding skills and expertise. She has a strong passion for hunting and preserving it for generations to come. Both Jake and Donna are enthusiast about the outdoors and enjoy sharing it with others.
On this episode we discuss:
How Upper Canyon Outfitters, Inc. was founded, Donna’s love for the outdoors, her tips and tricks for those getting started to advanced. What advocating for female in the outdoors looks like for Donna. She shares advice for those thinking about starting a guiding or outfitting business + what the day to day can look like as an owner of an outfitting company.
- I was introduced to youth through Draya who came on the episode this winter. She described you as an industry LEGEND. You own Upper Canyon Outfitters. I would imagine you have many nights around the campfire. What’s your go to around the campfire to sip or snack on?
Getting to know Donna McDonald:
- How did you get introduced to the outdoors?
- Do you remember your first experience outdoors: was it hunting or fishing, or camping, etc?
- You have been Guiding for over 35 years and having an outfitting business has been filled with several adventures.You WERE one of the first women to get an outfitters license. How did you get into outfitting?
- How has it evolved over the years?
- the first to be President of Montana Outfitters Assoc. Have been on several boards, both state and nationally, to help promote hunting, women in the outdoors, and conservation. You are currently on the Governors PLPW board and the National RMEF board. For promotion, You advocate getting women involved in what the great outdoors has to offer and your family ranch and outfitting business. What does advocating look like?
- What does a day in the life of you now look like, running a business?
- Would you say those that come to Upper Canyon are seasoned outdoorman/women or a melody?
- In your years of experience what tips for females and families getting outdoors?
Contact Donna with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Upper Canyon Outfitters here.
MTN OPS for the best supplements and gear use code BRITTFREESHIP for FREE shipping!
CAMOFIRE for 50-70% Off On Hunting Gear From Stealthcam, Vortex, Mystery Ranch and more!
TONIC SITE SHOP for customized website designs, use code RECKONING15 for 15% OFF!
Follow Us on Social:
Affiliate Disclaimer. Show Notes may contain affiliate links. If you click through my referral link, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission if you make a purchase. Thank you for supporting RECKONING LLC.
Production music courtesy of www.epidemicsound.com
SHOP THE EPISODE BY CLICKING LINK BELOW: